How We Present
Thailand: Vedic performances bring upsurge of good news
by Global Good News staff writer
Global Good News Translate This Article
7 October 2009
Investing in Maharishi Yagya performances has produced many positive results for the nation of Thailand, according to Raja Vikram Aditya, Raja of Vedic Siam (Thailand) for the Global Country of World Peace.*
Yagyas are ancient, precise performances by specially trained Maharishi Vedic Pandits of India, which are designed to create specific life-supporting influences from the field of Pure Consciousness, the source of Natural Law.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Founder of the Transcendental Meditation Programme and the Global Country of World Peace, restored the ancient Vedic knowledge, including the science of Yagya. 'Maharishi said that Yagyas bring great benefits for all areas of life,' said Raja Vikram.
Raja Vikram and the National Director of Thailand for the Global Country of World Peace have made it a priority to sponsor national Yagyas. Beginning on 27 April this year, Maharishi Yagyas for Thailand have been performed twice a month by Maharishi Vedic Pandits in the Brahma-Sthan (auspicious central area) of India.
Since the start of the programme, Raja Vikram said there has been increasing good news in the nation:
• Fewer political demonstrations, and no violent demonstrations.
• Fewer acts of terrorism, which for years have occurred weekly in the southern part of Thailand (and no reports of terrorism when larger Yagyas are performed).
• Political surveys of the people show that there is increased satisfaction with the government.
• Increased taxes on cigarettes and alcohol, which are known to be life-damaging.
• Lower interest rates on bank loans, but not on deposits.
• In August, the government announced that the recession in Thailand is over.
• On 22 September, the government's Finance Ministry announced the GDP for 2009 would be better than earlier forecasts.
In other indications of the rise of life-supporting values in society since starting the National Yagya Programme, the Ministry of Education announced this past June that the knowledge of Dharma—righteous conduct—would be added to the general education undergraduate curriculum. On 7 July (a major Buddhist holiday), the national media carried a message from senior Buddhist monks stating that society's problems are due to not following Dharma and the teachings of Lord Buddha, and that people should take the courses on Dharma to solve their problems.*
Raja Vikram also reports personal benefits as a result of investing in the National Yagya Programme—improved health, support of Natural Law in his activity, and improvements in personal finances. 'It seems the more we support [the Yagya programme and the Maharishi Vedic Pandits], the more we receive the support of Nature. Maharishi said that sponsoring the Vedic Pandits is the best investment we can make. This is a very rare opportunity that has not been available for the past 5,000 to 10,000 years—a technique for bringing Heaven on Earth.'
He concluded, 'I encourage everyone to make this best investment in the National Yagya Programme for your countries, and to sponsor the Maharishi Vedic Pandits.'
* Raja Vikram Aditya spoke on the 5 October, 2009 Maharishi Global Family Chat, which is broadcast daily via Internet webcast on the Maharishi Channel, Channel 3. Podcasts of the daily Global Family Chat (audio track) are also available for automatic download, via an RSS feed.
In his Vedic Science, Maharishi explains that ' ''Dharma'' is that invincible power of nature which upholds existence. It maintains evolution and forms the very basis of cosmic life. It supports all that is helpful for evolution and discourages all that is opposed to it.' (Maharishi's translation and commentary on the Bhagavad-Gita, chapters 1-6, p. 26)
© Copyright 2009 Global Good News®
Global Good News comment:
For more about the National Yagya Programme, please contact your local or national Centre for the Transcendental Meditation Programme.
For the good news about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: