How We Present
Maharishi's plan to bestow the light of Total Knowledge to millions of people around the world - Dr Girish Varma: Part III
by Global Good News staff writer
Global Good News Translate This Article
6 August 2008
Speaking during the Global Guru Purnima Assembly, held in MERU, the Netherlands, from 14-25 July 2008, Dr Girish Varma, National Director of the Global Country of World Peace for India*, reviewed the supreme achievements of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, which were offered to Maharishi's Master, Guru Dev** on 18 July during the Guru Purnima celebrations in India.
Please see also Part I and Part II of Dr Varma's presentation.
Dr Varma said that a great celebration of Guru Purnima was organized in India in Maharishi's home city of Jabalpur. 'It was our joy and honour to have the auspicious presence of Raja Robert Wynne*** at the celebration. We performed Puja to Guru Dev all at the same time in over 250 cities with our students, school teachers, parents of students, Transcendental Meditation Teachers' and practitioners, Yogic Flyers, and other guests assembled. 'We offered all Maharishi's achievements to Guru Dev and to Maharishi himself,' Dr Varma said.
Dr Varma then reviewed the supreme, unparalleled achievements of Maharishi that were offered on Guru Purnima in India:
* 150 branches of the Maharishi Schools in 116 states of India with over 100,000 students, 4,000 teachers, and 1,500 administrative and support staff.
* This year was a very special and successful year for Maharishi Schools, Dr Varma said, because a large number of students 'attained the merit position', and hundreds qualified in very prestigious, difficult entrance examinations and secured high positions in these exams.
* Many new Vastu buildings were completed for the Maharishi Schools, and schools moved from rented buildings to our own buildings.
* The Maharishi Schools hosted a national student hockey competition, and over one thousand participated. This was the first time any school had organized and hosted such a level of competition in India.
* A National Children's Science Congress was organized by the Maharishi Schools and many top scientists participated. Raja John Hagelin [Raja of Invincible America] addressed an afternoon session of this Congress. The scientists were very happy and enthusiastic to participate in the programme proposed by Dr Hagelin.
Seeing our great hospitality and large organizational structure, the Central Government of India has approved the establishment of the headquarters of the National Children's Science Congress in Bhopal at the campus of Maharishi Schools.
* We have offered Maharishi Ved Vigyan Vishwa Vidya Peetham with 6,000 Vedic Pandits in residence.
* This year after 15 years we have organized a Refresher Course for all Transcendental Meditation and Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme Teachers, all Administrators, and Advanced Technique Teachers. About 800 teachers and administrators attended the course and have gone back to their respective cities with new energy and new enthusiasm. They are now organizing to teach very large groups.
Brahmachari Nandkishoreji, one of the leaders of the Global Country of World Peace; Indian Raj Rajeshwaris; Dr Anand Shrivastava, Chairman and Managing Director of Maharishi Ayur Veda Products; and Dr Varma addressed this course many times. 'It was an honour for the course participants to have eight international Purusha**** supervising and guiding these courses. After this course the number of people learning Transcendental Meditation increased manifold,' Dr Varma said.
* This year, following the instructions of Maharishi, Dr Varma said they have been celebrating in each branch of our Maharishi Vidya Peeth and Maharishi Schools, all the days of the Vedic Devata [administering imtelligences of Natural Law] mentioned in the Vedic calendar. This has received a great response from the local people, and large numbers of people participated in each of these celebrations.
* We have offered Maharishi Vedic Vishwavidyalaya [Maharishi Vedic University in India] and Maharishi University of Management with over 8,000 students.
* We have offered Maharishi Vedic Vishwa Prashasan Yojana with over 2,000 Brahmananda Saraswati Vedic Vidyalayas, Teachers, and about 100,000 students.
Dr Varma said that the second phase of construction for 7,000 Vedic Pandits at the Global Capital of World Peace in the Brahma-Sthan of India has been proceeding this year; when it is completed 11,000 Pandits will be able to live there, and then they can begin the third phase, construction for the remaining 5,000 Vedic Pandits.
Dr Varma warmly thanked Dr Howard and Dr Alice Settle for their very generous support of the Vedic Pandits' activities in India. 'On behalf of all the Vedic Pandits and all the leaders involved in the Vedic Pandit project, I would like to thank them for their continuing generosity and support,' he said.
* We have offered six branches of Maharishi Institute of Management with over 1,000 students. In 2009 they will introduce the MBA and MS of Maharishi University of Management, USA.
* We have offered six campuses of Maharishi Mahavidyalas in Madhya Pradesh in Bachelor of Education, Diploma in Education, and Bachelor in Physical Education to over 2,000 students. A few of these campuses will also start offering a Master's in Education Course, which is in great demand.
* On this Guru Purnima at an auspicious Muhurta [specific auspicious time], with great celebration, we have inaugurated an offer: Maharishi World Peace Movement. 'We have received blessings from Maharaja Adhiraj Raja Raam, Raja Harris Kaplan, Raja of Invincible India, and Dr Bevan Morris, Prime Minister of the Global Country of World Peace. We also received a recorded message from Jagadguru Bhagavan Shankaracharya of Jyotir Math, Swami Vasudevananda Saraswati, who very kindly accepted to be the Patron of this organization, giving his blessings and best wishes.
We also received kind messages from many Chief Ministers of different states, Governors and Ministers of different walks of life,' Dr Varma said.
Global Good News will present Part IV of Dr Varma's address, in which he described details of the Guru Purnima celebration in India, in the coming days.
* Dr Girish Varma is also Director-General of the Maharishi Global Capital of World Peace at the Brahma-Sthan [auspicious central point] of India; Minister of Higher Education of the Global Country of World Peace; Chairman of the 160 Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools Group; and President of Maharishi Institutes of Management and Information Technology, in India.
** Guru Dev: Maharishi's Master, His Divinity Brahmanand Saraswati, Jagatguru Shankaracharya of Jyotir Math, Himalayas.
*** Raja Wynne is Raja of eight countries including New Zealand and Armenia; he is Mayor of Maharishi Vedic City, Iowa, USA, and responsible for the creation of the Maharishi Vedic Pandit campus there.
**** Maharishi designed the Maharishi Purusha Programme for men wishing to dedicate themselves fully to the most rapid pace of evolution and to creating world peace, through extended group practice of the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme—the foundation of their administration through silence, fulfilling the goals of the Global Country of World Peace in 192 countries of the world.
© Copyright 2008 Global Good News®
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: