How We Present
Mahesh Yogi's followers launch Peace Movement
United News of India Translate This Article
19 July 2008
On 19 July 2008 United News of India reported:
Making every citizen invincible and creating world peace is the objective of the Maharishi World Peace Movement launched in the name of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who brought Transcendental Meditation to the world.
It is a joy for Global Good News service to feature this news, which indicates the success of the life-supporting programmes Maharishi has designed to bring
fulfilment to the field of world peace.
A special ceremony commemorating the event was held 'on the banks of the Narmada river where the seer spent his early years', United News of India reported.
Special guest Vishva Hindu Parishad President Ashok Singhal was quoted as saying, 'Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was a great visionary and spiritual personage of this era. Fifty years back, he launched the World Peace Spiritual Re-awakening Movement here.'
He also noted that trying to created world peace was not possible without the development of human consciousness.
Peace Movement Chairman Brahmachari Dr Girish Varma* explained how the Maharishi World Peace Movement would function.
'Four boards of 8,000 priests each have been formed for community yajnas and ceremonies, houses are being built for 16,000 priests and Brahmanand Saraswati Nagars** are being established in 48 districts,' he said.
Among the ten principles for creating invincibility for every individual in India are:
• Prevention and rejuvenation techniques offered though the practice of Maharishi Vedic Health;
• Construction and use of homes, schools, offices, villages, and cities using Vastu principles;
• Practicing Transcendental Meditation on a daily basis;
• Eating healthy, organic foods.
The plan is to have at least one per cent of India's population practising these techniques as soon as possible.
Global Good News comment:
* Dr Girish Chandra Varma is Minister of Higher Education of the Global Country of World Peace. He is also Director-General of the Global Capital of World Peace at the Brahma-Sthan (central point) of India, Chairman of the 160 Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools Group, and President of the Maharishi Institutes of Management and Information Technology, in India.
** For more about Maharishi's programme for global administration through silence from India, land of the eternal Vedic Tradition of knowledge, through 12 Jyotir Lingas, 48 Brahmanand Saraswati Nagars, and 192 countries of the world, please visit the Global Good News article '. . . Maharishi's supreme vision for India and the world'.
Every day Global Good News documents the rise of a better quality of life dawning in the world and highlights the need for introducing Natural Law based—Total
Knowledge based—programmes to bring the support of Nature to every individual, raise the quality of life of every society, and create a lasting state of world peace.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: