How We Present
Meditation 'fools the brain' in a threatening world
by R.J. Ignelzi
Union-Tribune Translate This Article
9 March 2007
On 9 March 2007 Union-Tribune reported:
Scientists and doctors are hopping on the meditation bandwagon because, thanks to MRI scans of the brain and other studies, research is beginning to show meditation works.
It is a joy for Global Good News service to feature this news, which indicates the success of the life-supporting programmes Maharishi has designed to bring
fulfilment to the field of science.
The Union-Tribune reviewed research on several different kinds of meditation, and reported that 'Researchers at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles showed that patients were able to lower their blood pressure, blood sugar and insulin by practicing Transcendental Meditation.'
According to the article, scientists have also found that meditation may:
• Increase happiness and strengthen the immune system (University of Wisconsin)
• Enhance memory and attention (Massachusetts General Hospital)
• Lower blood pressure (American Journal of Cardiology)
• Alleviate mild to moderate anxiety and depression (University of Louisville)
• Increase alertness (University of Kentucky)
• Help control binge eating (Indiana State University)
Every day Global Good News documents the rise of a better quality of life dawning in the world and highlights the need for introducing Natural Law based—Total
Knowledge based—programmes to bring the support of Nature to every individual, raise the quality of life of every society, and create a lasting state of world peace.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: