How We Present
Transcendental Meditation: Recent research shows improved physical, emotional health
by Global Good News staff writer
Global Good News Translate This Article
23 July 2012
Dr Michael Dillbeck gave an in-depth review of recent research on the effects of Transcendental Meditation. Dr Dillbeck is a Trustee and International Research Professor at Maharishi University of Management, and a widely published researcher on the physiological, cognitive, and sociological effects of the Transcendental Meditation technique
Five recent studies Dr Dillbeck discussed are:
1. Effects of the Transcendental Meditation technique on reduction of left ventricular mass (a contributing factor in the development of cardiovascular disease).
2. Increased academic achievement among students who learned the Transcendental Meditation program.
3. Decreased psychological distress among minority students learning Transcendental Meditation.
4. Improved EEG and increased verbal fluency among ADHD students who learned Transcendental Meditation.
5. Reduction of post-traumatic stress symptoms through the Transcendental Meditation program.
Global Good News will report more about these individual research studies Dr Dillbeck described in his recent review.
© Copyright 2012 Global Good News®
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: