How We Present
Relief from PTS and related conditions: Research on Transcendental Meditation
Operation Warrior Wellness Translate This Article
15 October 2011
Research on the Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique has demonstrated its effectiveness in providing relief from the symptoms of post-traumatic stress (PTS)—and treating a number of the comorbidities (other conditions or diseases) associated with the illness.
More than 340 peer-reviewed studies document the benefits of the TM technique
in relieving stress, increasing resilience, and improving performance. Findings include:
1. Reduced PTS: 40-50 percent reduction in PTS symptoms, including depression
2. Greater resiliency: Reduced stress levels and quicker recovery from stress
(see Resiliency to Stress)
3. Reduced cardiovascular disease: Decreased blood pressure, harmful cholesterol, and atherosclerosis; and a 47 percent reduction in cardiovascular-related mortality (see Cardiovascular Disease)
4. Decreased substance abuse: Decreased smoking, alcohol, and drug abuse
(see Substance Abuse)
5. Decreased medical expenditures: 14 percent reduction in annual medical expenditures, as compared to the norm (see Decreased Healthcare Utilization)
For relieving traumatic stress and developing resiliency, the TM technique boasts an impressive track record of success and carries a significantly lower price tag.
''The idea that we now have a new approach that can,
in a powerful, simple and profound way, help people, without
ongoing input by mental health professionals, is very exciting,
especially in this era of diminishing resources.''
—Dr. Norman Rosenthal
Click here to view a short video of researchers Dr. Norman Rosenthal and Dr Sarina Grosswald discussing the epidemic of PTS among veterans returning from combat, and promising research results showing that the Transcendental Meditation program brings relief.
Click here for more about Operation Warrior Wellness.
© Copyright 2011 David Lynch Foundation
Global Good News comment:
For the good news about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: