How We Present
Collaborative research in progress on Transcendental Meditation and cardiovascular disease, college student health, breast cancer
Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention
Maharishi Univeristy of Management
Fairfield, Iowa, USA Translate This Article
26 December 2008
The Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention at Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, USA, was established to scientifically investigate time-tested systems of natural health care, particularly the ancient Vedic approach to health, for the prevention and treatment of the major chronic diseases of our time.
The latest research findings have demonstrated:
* the feasibility and efficacy of the Transcendental Meditation® program in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease and its risk factors
* reductions in hypertension over short-term and long-term follow-up periods
* reduced need for anti-hypertensive medications
* improvements in metabolic syndrome
* improvements in heart failure patients
* reduced brain reactivity to stress
* greater well-being and quality of life
* longevity—reduced mortality rates
* reduced health care utilization and related expenditures
* effects of multimodality natural medicine interventions consisting of meditation, diet, exercise, and nutritional supplements on cardiovascular disease.
Many of these published studies have received wide-scale media coverage in hundreds of newspaper, magazine articles, and television and radio shows.
For press releases related to this scientific research, please visit: www.mum.edu.
Ongoing collaborative clinical trials include the effects of the Transcendental Meditation program on:
* physiological mechanisms of hypertension
* cardiovascular morbidity and mortality
* primary prevention of hypertension
* regression of atherosclerosis (coronary artery disease)
* pathophysiological mechanisms of coronary heart disease
* comparisons with other behavioral modalities in cardiovascular disease
* quality of life and survival rates in breast cancer patients
* neurophysiology, cognitive development, and health in college students.
© Copyright 2008 Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention®
Global Good News comment:
For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: