How We Present
Pakistan: Satellite TV broadcast explores Consciousness-Based Education
Sindh TV News Translate This Article
13 October 2015
On 7 October 2015, a broadcast on Sindh TV News (Pakistan) featured an in-depth exploration of Consciousness-Based Education and the role of the Transcendental Meditation (TM) programme in education.
Dr Ashok Kumar, certified teacher of Transcendental Meditation in Pakistan, appeared on the show 'Education in Focus'.
The show marked the first time a satellite TV programme about these topics has been broadcast in Pakistan. The comprehensive programme was broadcast in the Sindhi language (one of the main provincial languages of Pakistan).
Consciousness-Based Education was the main topic. As the programme unfolded, a number of important themes and elements of Consciousness-Based Education were explored:
1. Consciousness-Based Education, including Transcendental Meditation and the advanced Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme, is a scientifically validated programme that has been successfully implemented in many countries including the UK, the USA, South Africa, Thailand, Latin America, and other countries.
2. Consciousness-Based Education has been the subject of rigorous scientific investigation over many years at universities and independent research institutes around the world. Hundreds of research studies, published in respected peer-reviewed scientific journals, have verified the benefits for academic success, health, and social behaviour among students, teachers, parents, and entire educational institutions, as well as in their communities.
3. Students come to schools offering Consciousness-Based Education from many different geographical regions; different social, cultural, and economic backgrounds; different atmospheres in their homes and communities; and with different types of stresses that they have been subjected to.
4. Consciousness-Based Education is a scientifically proven system that helps students to eliminate their stresses and other kinds of pressures from the society in which they live.
5. Consciousness-Based Education is designed to unfold the total mental potential and creativity of the student.
6. Scientific research has shown that with the regular practice of Transcendental Meditation and the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme, students gain many benefits such as greater ability to focus, increased integration of brain functioning, greater tolerance, increased IQ, increased memory, and other important mental and psychological measures contributing to their academic success.
7. Research has also verified the positive effects of Consciousness-Based programmes for society. In the 1970s scientists found that when one per cent of a city's population practised Transcendental Meditation, the crime rate dropped. A much smaller number is required—the square root of one per cent of the population of a city, province, or even a whole nation practising the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme— to produce this effect of decreased negativity and social stress—reduced crime, sickness, accidents, conflict and violence; and increased coherence, harmony, and peace in the whole society.
8. These important benefits may be gained easily for communities, the nation, and the whole region, if even a few schools implement Consciousness-Based Education, including Transcendental Meditation and its advanced programmes.
At the conclusion of the television programme, the host reviewed and summarized what had been discussed: Modern research has proven that Transcendental Meditation, if included in a school's curriculum, helps in the overall future development of a person to display more complete realization of their potential, more creativity, and many other promising results. Just 15 to 20 minutes of TM at the beginning and at the close of the school day helps students to replenish themselves so they can meet the challenges of daily life with renewed energy and strength. It helps to develop a complete person, intellectually and emotionally. Transcendental Meditation is the only scientifically proven option to realize a better, peaceful and prosperous world, if the schools of the country adopt Consciousness-Based Education.
The broadcast also featured video clips about Consciousness-Based Education programmes in schools in different countries; and graphs illustrating scientific research results on Transcendental Meditation in promoting academic progress, improved health, reduced crime, stress, violence and social conflict, and increased harmony and peace in collective consciousness.
Click here for a report on another recent TV programme that aired in Pakistan, featuring Dr Ashok Kumar on Cee TV. Dr Kumar was interviewed by respected TV anchor Riaz Aajiz. The show included more information about Transcendental Meditation in Pakistan.
Copyright © 2015 Sindh TV News
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: