News Maharishi in the World Today

How We Present
the News

Students of Vedic Education achieve academic excellence: Address of Dr Girish Chandra Varma
by Global Good News staff writer

Global Good News    Translate This Article
1 August 2009

With approximately 100,000 students in total, and over 5,000 graduates, 'this year was full of achievements for Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools,' said Dr Girish Chandra Varma*, continuing his Guru Purnima Day** talk. Raja Harris Kaplan, Raja of Invincible India for the Global Country of World Peace, added that 40,000 students are Yogic Flyers and Dr Varma is organizing construction of Maharishi Sthapatya Veda Yogic Flying halls for them.

Please see Part I and Part II of this article.

Dr Varma reported that 'as of today, 95 per cent of the schools have their own school buildings.' The other 5 per cent will occupy new Vastu buildings within this year.

The students excel in academic achievements, with hundreds of Maharishi students obtaining 95 to 100 per cent marks in different subjects. The students achieved positions on district, state, and national merit lists. 

Several hundred students succeeded in prestigious national-level entrance exams, such as the Common Admission Test (CAT), Central Pre-Medical Test, and the All India Engineering Entrance Exam, as well as many other such tests and exams.

'This was also a good year for Maharishi Centre for Educational Excellence,' Dr Varma continued. 'The students have participated in many national-level conferences and competitions, and have won a large number of awards.'

'Maharishi Vidya Mandir has organized many Teacher Refresher and Subject Orientation courses, seminars, workshops, and conferences.  [These are ] not only for Maharishi Vidya Mandir teachers and staff, but also for administrators and teachers of a number of other schools to introduce . . . Consciousness-Based Education.

In the coming days, Global Good News will feature more of Dr Varma's talk, including news of many new practitioners of the Transcendental Meditation Programme and Yogic Flying in India, creating invincibility for the nation and the world.

*Dr Girish Varma is National Director of India for the Global Country of World Peace. He is also Director-General of the Global Capital of World Peace at the Brahma-Sthan [geographical centre] of India, Chairman of the 160 Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools Group, and President of the Maharishi Institutes of Management and Information Technology, in India.

**Guru Purnima: Annual full moon celebration of the eternal Vedic Tradition of knowledge

© Copyright 2009 Global Good News®

Global Good News comment:

For information about Maharishi's seven-point programme to create a healthy, happy, prosperous society, and a peaceful world, please visit: Global Financial Capital of New York.

Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using:

(Altavista babelfish)

education news more

World News | Genetic Engineering | Education | Business | Health News

Search | Global News | Agriculture and Environmental News | Business News
Culture News | Education News | Government News | Health News
Science and Technology News | World Peace | Maharishi Programmes
Press Conferences | Transcendental Meditation | Celebration Calendars | Gifts
News by Country | News in Pictures | What's New | Modem/High Speed | RSS/XML