How We Present
''The Space Between'' - TEDxWomen conference explores the value of meditation
by Linda Mainquist
www.TM.org/blog Translate This Article
26 January 2013
The December 2012 TEDxWomen conference in Washington, DC included a fascinating talk by Dr. John Hagelin, world-renowned quantum physicist, science and public policy expert, speaking about the value of meditation as a powerful tool for health, education and post-traumatic stress.
Founded in 1974, TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design) is a global set of conferences, whose aims are disseminating ''ideas worth spreading.''
Watch this 10-minute presentation by clicking on the video link below.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
John Hagelin, Ph.D., has conducted pioneering research at CERN (European Center for Particle Physics) and SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center). He is responsible for the development of a highly successful Grand Unified Field Theory based on the superstring—a theory that was featured in a cover story of Discover magazine.
In addition, Dr. Hagelin is one of the world's preeminent researchers on the effects of meditation on brain development, and the use of meditation to address critical problems in the field of education, rehabilitation, and post-traumatic stress.
— — — — — — — — — —
1. Conference on Yoga and Naturopathy Focuses on TM and Science
2. ''Only Higher Consciousness Can Transform Our World'' — Dr. John Hagelin
3. Military Leaders, Medical Researchers Promote TM for Resilience and Health
4. World peace from the quantum level: Dr. John Hagelin and David Lynch
5. ''Half of all Americans will suffer from mental health woes'' — CDC Report
Copyright © 2013 Maharishi Foundation USA
Translation software is not perfect; however if you would like to try it, you can translate this page using: